Microsoft regularly releases updates for their System Center products. One of the nice features of SCCM 2012 R2 is the automatic client upgrade feature. By enabling it, all clients throughout the environment (except clients on slow or unreliable networks, which must upgraded using another method) will automatically upgrade to the latest version. It can also be configured to upgrade within a certain period of time, with the default being within 7 days. Below are the steps to enable this feature.
- In the SCCM administrator console, select Administration.
- Expand Site Configuration.
- Right-click Sites and select Hierarchy Settings.
- Select the Automatic Client Upgrade tab.
- Check Upgrade client automatically when new client updates are available.
- Read the warning and click OK to enable automatic client upgrades.